Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Blackfriars and his friends .. a personal post

I connected with my professional 'roots' today on a walk down Fleet Street, former hub of publishing and news in London. Also home to a lot of historic pubs (including Blackfriars, built in 1875) and St. Bride's Church, whose steeple influenced the tiered wedding cake. I'll post a picture when I get some batteries for my camera. (grrr....I hate running out of batteries). Some of us went and had a pint (okay, I had half a pint ;) at Blackfriars, and the inside is just so cool. It almost looked like the inside of a church -- carved wood and marble and even some mosaic ceilings. I could just imagine people coming inside to have a drink and a bite to eat and talk about important things.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

That sounds cool. Having a pint in a church! Definitely people have gathered there are had those important graduate discussions that we all wonder why we didn't have...